Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#727406 Sat Mar 30 2019 12:38 PM
J
JRockZ Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Hey all! I just signed up here, I'm trying to find out the value of some of these items i have. My Grandfather used to own a gas station and my dad gave me some of his old stuff. I'm not looking to sell anything at this point rather just find out how rare or unique some of this stuff is. Oh theres quite a bit of stuff but mainly right now i'd like to check on some items that i believe my dad may have just purchased off ebay for the nostalgia value as he had a small memorabilia corner where he had old pics and items from my Grandfathers station.
So The attached images should show:
1 Shell pocket handbook dated 1949 it has a leather-ish cover and a lot of interesting facts and conversions and information in the book as well as the calendar.
1 plastic Shell keychain holder from "Gray's Shell Service" in Macomb, il
2 Sew on patches i suppose one for the front of a shirt or jacket and one for the back.
And the coolest item 1 Shell Ticket book made or Aluminum with a stamped in Shell icon and a built in clip for holding ticket books.

I will post the next 4 images in the next message.
Thanks,
JRockZ

IMG_20190330_132728.jpg IMG_20190330_132750.jpg IMG_20190330_125816.jpg
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
Welcome to Oldgas. I'm sure others here can chime with some values on the other items. The small cloth patch can be found on eBay regularly for under $10. It could have been sewn on either a hat or the front of a uniform. Best of luck with your research about the rest of your items!

Regards, Jim

I collect gas pump salt and pepper shakers
and the plastic coin banks made by AVSCO.
T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
most all is 10 or less

J
JRockZ Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Heres the rest of the items,, thanks for moving to the correct forum for me! LOL you'd almost think im a newbie,, well here,, I'am
Thanks,
JRockZ

20190304_0007.jpg Shellstuff (3).jpg Shellstuff (4).jpg
J
JRockZ Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Phhheew this having to wait for post approval and 600 seconds and only 4 images at a time is a bit much,, i understand the need for it so its cool,,, but by the time i share my next set of pics or reply i'll be so far behind i wont know what to think or say! LOL

Heres more Shell Ticket Clipboard box thingy

Thanks,
[i][b] JRockZ[i/][b/]

Shellstuff (7).jpg Shellstuff (9).jpg Shellstuff (10).jpg Shellstuff (8).jpg
J
JRockZ Offline OP
OP Offline
J
If anyone else has or "had" the above calendar booklet and or clipboard i'd like to know more about them and an approximate value if anyone has any idea,,, I doubt anyone else has either of them anymore, i believe they are pretty rare but i don't know that's why I'm here and yes i understand rarity doesn't equal value.
Thanks,
JRockZ

Moderated by  Oldgas 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved