Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#725880 Mon Mar 04 2019 09:06 AM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
https://www.ebay.com/itm/antique-1900S-gulf-cast-iron-sign-gas-oil-other-/283403363911

...this jacked-up POS fake is being passed off as 'antique', but the seller also says he doesn't know the age...I explained that the sign was cast from the front only (originals resemble a license plate, in that the front is embossed and the back is debossed); there's no way to hang his sign; and the detachable price numbers won't work on an inch thick piece of iron...

...last 'deal' I had with this seller was on an Atlantic 'fried-egg' pump sign...he quoted a price, I sent him payment - which he returned with a note, saying he couldn't sell it to me at the price he quoted, because he just saw one sell on eBay for more money...

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
1 member likes this: Mamakat
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
...well, someone with a 1400+ feedback rating got took 😕

Looking for better Gulf items: signs, globes, cans and paper - especially porcelain Gulf flanges, and Gulf A-38 & A-62 ad glass...
W
W
I just purchased one , as you stated embossed front and debossed back, love this site, very knowledgeable members. Thanks

20190309_120422.jpg 20190309_120358.jpg
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
...that's a great example of an authentic, vintage sign...as Randy would say, 'The Real McCoy'...

W
W
Thanks gulfiend, l assume your a gulf collector. My dad worked for many year at the local gulf distributor until they closed in the early to mid 70s. I rode with him delivering gas to several mom and pop country stores/gas stations. Those days are long gone, wish I had started collecting back then! Thanks again

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Originally Posted by Waterboy
Thanks gulfiend, l assume your a gulf collector.

...not just a collector - I'm a Gulf fiend laugh

Originally Posted by Waterboy
My dad worked for many year at the local gulf distributor until they closed in the early to mid 70s. I rode with him delivering gas to several mom and pop country stores/gas stations. Those days are long gone, wish I had started collecting back then! Thanks again

...you and me both! No problem at all - happy to help...

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved