Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#725073 Mon Feb 18 2019 01:52 AM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Regarding the pump on the left, which I'm still trying to figure out a model number..... Is this a National Stores N series pump? It looks like the top goes down the sides further than a Wayne.

Is there any interest/demand for a pump in this shape? I recently purchased the Wayne on the right (in the picture), but left the other behind. I rarely leave a pump like this behind, but the piece at the bottom (that looks like a bullet) was cracked, the top stove pipe was cracked (near the bottom seam, just below the black band) and ALL of the skins were home-made re-pops. When I was there, I was thinking the only good piece is the base. I'm wondering if I should go back and grab it. I could probably get it for 6 or 700, or do you all think it's only worth the price of a base?

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Steve

IMG_9882 (2).JPG
Last edited by Speedracer; Mon Feb 18 2019 02:19 AM.

-Steve B. (WTB: 48" Flying A button, 48" black/org Phillips 66, White Star, and Chevrolet Signs. Also looking for a Wayne 866. Send a PM. Thanks.)
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
Steve, I bought a Wayne like the one on the right pretty well complete for $350 a few years ago and then restored it. $600- 700 for the parts pump seems a little high for the shape it's in. If you like storing old iron and tripping over it, just "waiting for the right day", then go for it!! Sam

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Haaaa, Thanks Sam. I looked in the book, and Jack has similar pumps listed at about $1k in value, so even at $3-400 I guess I’d have to pass.

Thanks for the reply,
Steve

Last edited by Speedracer; Mon Feb 18 2019 01:56 PM.

-Steve B. (WTB: 48" Flying A button, 48" black/org Phillips 66, White Star, and Chevrolet Signs. Also looking for a Wayne 866. Send a PM. Thanks.)
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
For what's its worth, you did the right thing on leaving it behind.
Tom.

Always buying gas pumps and parts.

Visit my web site: www.gaspumps.us
Buckles Vintage Gas Pump Parts LLC
Carthage Indiana
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
In my book on page 7 is listed "Using the book." At the bottom of the page it states: "$XXXXX - Current value of the pump in near 100% unrestored condition, without any globe that might be shown."

The pump looks a long way from being 100% complete.

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Yeah, Thanks Jack. I appreciate it. That's why I think $300-400 might even be a stretch. Do you agree with me that it might be a National Stores N series pump? I can't figure it out. It doesn't matter too much, I'm not going to get it, but I was just curious.

Thanks,
Steve

J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Too hard to tell. Just look at it as a parts pump. There might be some money in it if you buy is cheap enough and sell the parts to someone else. Does it have a tower like the one you show in the picture, if it does this is worth some money, some of the other parts may have some value.

But, I agree with Tom, don't pay anything like you suggested you might be able to get it for. When Tom looks at things, he automatically factors in the cost of getting anything from point A to point B. If it is down the road, OK, but if it is in the next state, stay home and have a good day with the kids/

I buy and sell a lot of things, at age 83 I don't collect much of anything anymore. I get an offer to purchase something, I ask for the bottom price, then I factor in what it will cost me to get it from him to me, then I decide can I make some money? There are always regrets, just keep them at a minimum.

Jack Sim

Last edited by Jack Sim; Wed Feb 20 2019 01:30 AM.

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I agree Jack. Thanks for the advice. I think we are all on the same page.

Oh well can’t buy them all. We can have fun trying though... lol

-Steve

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved